Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Transfer to Santa Cruz!


Hey everyone!!

This week was a whirlwind!! Its seriously a blur. I'll try and cover everything quickly though.

Monday was sweet!! We went to the Bob Marley museum, and learned a ton of things about him, and took some pics and stuff.... (sadly, none of which you get to see this week, because this computer is having issues..) but ya, it was way fun.... The tour guide showed us a picture of Bob rolling a spliff, but before he showed us, he said, "this is a picture of Bob doing his favorite thing...." haha so that was pretty funny. :) oh and they were growing marijuana there just so they could show the visitors, haha... only in Jamaica...

Tuesday morning, we did service for Sister Lindo (one of the members here)..... We helped her turn a patch of weeds in the dirt into a garden... It was way hard though..... especially working with the machetes.... but it was fun... I love service. Then we had our traditional taco tuesday at chillitos.... :) (tacos are only a bill!! so its a must) Really, other than that, it was a pretty rough day....We got to see Nigel again.... but we found out that he's been avoiding us, because he is convinced that we're assassins, and part of some conspiracy theory.. and he's so set on it that nothing we said could sway his mind... so that was pretty rough... even though it was kinda funny.... and ya,... everything was kinda falling through, but we were able to find people to talk to still :) one funny thing I saw was a bumper sticker that said, "Marijuana is good..... smoking it is whats bad...." haha gotta love Jamaica...

I'll just quickly summarize the next few days..... We had a zone meeting here in kingston with our zone, and talked about some things that we can improve on... and afterwords... filled out March Madness Brackets :) Gotta keep things interesting... I think my bracket is going downhill..... but I've got Kansas winning it all.... but I'm pulling for BYU!!! Go cougars!!! Losing Davies was rough... but it'd be sweet if they pulled it off.... watch out Florida!! here we come!! :)
Also, we've been working with the Dakins a lot!! and great news!!! Justin (Sister Dakins son), and Grandpa Dakins are doing awesome, and are getting baptized this coming Saturday!!!! :) I'm way excited for them!!! :) I love going up there... its so pretty, way up in Red Hills with an awesome view of Kingston.
On Saturday, Elder Wilson and I were on a trade off, and having a pretty rough day... and we were scheduled to trade back at like 4:30.. and it was about 4:15... so we probably could have just driven back and met up with them a little early, but I was trying to think of one more person we could go see, and a less active that we had tried to see like 3 weeks ago popped into my mind... I didn't think their was a chance we were going to be able to catch her at home, because when we had tried before, her house is on like lock down security, and there is no way to get anyones attention to let us in... but we decided to go check anyway, and it was awesome!!! We got there, and walked up to the gate, and it just opened!! Her daughter is the one who lives there now, and she just let us in, and asked us what we teach about... so we talked with her and set up a next time to come back. :) It was awesome, because she said we were lucky we came when we did... she said she is a way hard person to catch, and was about to go inside... so it was a way sweet experience!! :) .... Throughout the rest of the week, we found some way cool investigators, and the area is doing awesome, all the people we are working with are overcoming their concerns, and everything is just going great!!! And to top it all off, on Sunday, Ricardo (the recent convert who originally ran from us, we cornered last week, and taught a couple lessons since then)... came to church!!! :) It was awesome!! Quite the change. :)

Now for the crazy news..... So, transfer calls came on Friday, and I'm getting moved to Santa Cruz to be a zone leader with Elder Ashton (my first companion, aka my trainer) on Wednesday!!!... Its nuts!! Definately didn't see that one coming... I was just getting to know this area, and love it,... and I'm way bummed to be leaving all the cool people that we are working with.. and I'm gonna miss the baptisms on Saturday!! :(... but so it go I guess... I'm sure I'll love Santa Cruz... because one thing i've learned on my mission is that service leads to love... :)....

but ya.... this is my last p-day in kingston... i'm definately getting use to change haha....

but til next week...

one love!!

Elder Kraus

No comments:

Post a Comment