Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sister Dakins got baptized!


Hey everyone!
This week had some way high points and some low points. .. such is life :) Um, I don't have a lot of email time, so I'll just touch on everything. First the bad news.... Nigel got into some disagreements with his aunt who he was living with, so sadly he is moving out to somewhere way in the bush like an hour away... so unless a miracle happens, its going to be really hard to get in contact with him again because he doesn't have a phone, and he didn't know the exact place he was going... But hope and pray that it'll all work out. .. Now for some awesome news.... My drivers license finally came!!!! If you remember, my wallet got stolen a while ago, and I didn't think it was too big of a deal... because I was riding a bicycle.. but now that I'm in a car, its been a little rough, because I didn't get to drive.. But the new one came on Friday!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :) So that was way sweet!! I drove for the first time on Saturday, and it was so fun!! We drive a manual truck (so nothing new there, because thats what I drove before I got out here).. shout out to Reba!! (My little red toyota pickup)... You better be treating her good Taylor! :) The difference though is that the steering wheel is on the right side of the car, and we drive on the left side of the road. To be honest, the left side of the road thing isn't even weird anymore.. It'd seem weird to drive on the right now... But having the left side of the truck hanging out instead of the right took some serious gettiing used to.. I was always to far to the left.. But I think I have the hang of it now.. .so its way fun!! :) Now for some even more awesome news.... SISTER DAKINS GOT BAPTIZED!!! Woo :) She passed her interview on Wednesday, and decided that she wanted to get baptized in a river... so me and Elder Brough went on a river hunt, and finally found one.. :) But on Saturday, when we showed up for the baptism at the church, Brother Dakins (her husband), told us that there is a good river somewhere else, so we decided to trust him and go to that one instead... and it couldn't have been a better decision. It was beautiful!! So perfect. :) Everything went great! And the spirit was really strong. On Sunday, Brother Dakins was able to confirm her a member of the church and give her the gift of the Holy Ghost. It was awesome!! I'm so happy for them. They're a great family. :) Today was pretty sweet.. We had a zone P-day in Portmore... We did Kingston zone vs. Spanish town zone in basketball. We did a best of 7 series... and we walked away with the victory (4 games to 2) :) It was way fun.
Last but not least, I want to bear my testimony of the Book of Mormon. It is such an awesome book!! It has so much power, and I promise that anyone who will take the time to sincerely read it, will feel the power of it flow into their lives, and know without a shadow of a doubt that the church of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth. We were teaching one of our investigators, Omar, about it the other day, and he said something that I thought was really awesome. After we taught him about it, he said, " so if everyone would read this book and pray about it, there wouldn't be anymore confusion about religion in the world..... It's the missing link!!" We thought about it for a sec. and confirmed what he said.. to which he responded, "THats awesome!!" It really is awesome, and if anyone reading this hasn't had a chance to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. Definately do it. It will change your life, and get you closer to our Heavenly Father than you have ever been in your life. But ya, things here are going well, I'm happy, working hard, and lovin life :)

one love!Elder Kraus

No comments:

Post a Comment