Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tamara's Baptism, Crazy Bees!







Hey everyone!! Dang! So this week was awesome!! :) I'm not gonna hit ya day by day, but I'll touch on all the high points... :) So First off, We were in a lesson with Tamara on Tuesday... and the lesson was going great!!! We were reviewing everything with her, and everything was just awesome.... The spirit was there... and then.... a lizard on the ceiling pooped and it landed right on my leg haha... Everyone was just dying laughing... It was pretty hilarious... :) Speaking of Tamara, her baptism on Friday went amazing!! :) We all met up at the Mandeville chapel to use their baptism font, and everything went great!! Everyone was on time and everything!! (which is pretty rare here.. because of the laid back culture.... usually if you tell someone to be at church or something at like 10... they won't show up til 11.... haha... )... Tamara was even early... She was super excited, and happy, and the day was just perfect!! :) When she came up out of the water after being baptized, she exclaimed, "that was awesome!!" haha and that pretty much described the whole day :)

Friday Night activity was awesome. We are getting more and more people out for it, and its becoming a great missionary tool because everyone is starting to bring their friends. :) and another perk, is that I'm getting a lot better at futbol, (soccer)... :) Jermain has been doing awesome as well... He came teaching with us like every day this week, and is just loving it!! He really has the excitement to share the gospel with everyone. :) Wherever we go, he is always coming up with great ideas for us to find more people to teach...a nd he's calling his friends, and just being an amazing member missionary. :) Oh, speaking of that, we were up at his house the other day, and him and his family gave us a whole chicken w/ some homemade juice. :) So Sunday, for dinner, me and Elder Ostberg cooked curry chicken and rice, w/ a pear (avocado... they call them pears here)... and we finally got it just right!! :) It tasted Jamaican!! Woot woot!! We even carried some to jermain to let him judge it, and he told us we can "gwon good".. :) So I was pretty happy about that haha...

Oh, dang!! I almost forgot... This week, we went with Jermain and moved some bee boxes.... and it was an adventure!! We had the bee suits, but only half of them... we only had the top, and didn't have any gloves or anything.... but we did it same way.... and it was crazy!! Everything was going good, til me and Jermain went to move the last box.... The box was old or something, and for some reason, the bottom came off, and like all the bees came out on us.... It was crazy!!! We kept our cool though and moved really slowly and finished moving the box... (cuz if you run they attack more)... Not gonna lie though... it was pretty terrifying... I could hear all the bees just swarming us... and it sounded like they were inside my mask... because they were all around it... the buzzing was really freaking me out haha... but we finished it off, and it was all good... Jermain got like 15 stings.... but I was lucky, and only got about 4... :) a couple on my legs... one on my foot (they got inside my shoe!!), and one on my right hand... The one on my hand swelled up pretty big, but its all good now. :) It was only swollen for like 2 days... :) I don't think I'll ever be scared of bees again after that haha

So ya... this week was pretty awesome.... :) We had a ton of plan of salvation lessons.. and my testimony of it grows every time we teach it... Its such a beautiful plan!! It makes so much sense, and gives so much purpose to life!! I love teaching it.... Its my favorite thing that we teach for sure... :) But, i think thats about all the exciting stuff for this week... so everyone have a stellar week, and keep the faith!!! :) Read the scriptures, and do something good for someone every day!! Don't let a day pass without serving someone.... ... One Love! Elder Kraus

No comments:

Post a Comment