Thursday, October 20, 2011

Trade offs in May Pen



Hey Everyone!!
Life here is bumpin as usual... Things are going great! This week was pretty crazy.. Tuesday we had planned to do a trade off with May Pen, and everything was going good... We caught a coaster to May Pen in the evening (which was so packed that everyone was standing up packed in like sardines.... literally haha.. no matter how hard the driver took a corner or hit the brakes, we were kept standing strait up without even having to hold on to anything haha... movement was nigh impossible :).. and by the time we reached May Pen, it was raining so hard that all transportation back to Old Harbour had ceased.... After meeting the May Pen Elders at the church, we found that we were all just gonna have to spend the night in May Pen... so Elder Gayle and Nelson taxied back to the house, while me and Elder Romney rode our bicycles back and got drenched!!! Like I'm pretty sure my bones are still soggy from how wet we were haha.. It was fun though, because it was just like when I was serving in May Pen and we used to race home from Friday night activity... We were flyin!! :) It was a pretty solid night... They have guitars, so we were able to play guitar and sing a hymn to start out the night, and we all did our 2nd companionship study together... It was sweet! :) Wednesday we started the trade off (me with Elder Nelson in May Pen and Elder Romney and Gayle went back to Old Harbour)... and it was a pretty solid day..... We had some good lessons and got some way good jelly's (green coconuts) from a recent convert (Rushane)...... But my great bicycle luck prevailed as Elder Romney's back axle broke (I didn't think I was that fat haha)...and we had to walk a bit... but I was able to jimmy rig it so we could make it back to the church and catch a coaster back to Old Harbour to end the trade off... It was a pretty fun day. :)

Thursday was amazing!! We went to Kingston for zone conference and it was sweet!!! I always learn so much at zone conference.... One of my favorite things that was said this time was how necesarry personal revelation is in this work.. One of the 12 apostles receives revelation for what mission we should serve in, the mission president and the assistants receive revelation on what area we serve in, and its up to us to receive personal revelation on who is prepared to receive the gospel, and what to share with them... :) it was pretty sweet... everything is done so that we can meet those that we are supposed to, and it is so critical that we are always seeking guidance from Heavenly Father on who that is... ... It was just an awesome zone conference... After the conference... me and Elder Gayle went to the doctor to get my ingrown toenail fixed... (i've had it for a while but can usally handle them by myself... but this one got pretty nasty and was bleeding and oozing stuff and just gettting pretty painful.... so we went to the doctor)... but he told me that it was too infected for him to operate, so he gave me some antibiotics to get rid of the infection that i'm gonna be takin for a week til I go back on Thursday this week.... but the good news is that I was reading in Preach my Gospel about the importance of talking with everyone at all times.. , and I was able to talk with the nurse who was cleaning my toe and she seemed pretty interested so the missionaries in Portmore (where she's from) are gonna be able to start teaching her.. :) so... mayble i was meant to get an ingrown toenail?? haha
Oh, and another good thing that came out of the toe, was that President Hendricks gave us a truck to use til its better.... . :) and Saturday we had an intense adventure with the truck... It had been raining hard for about a day.. and we were driving out to an appointment, and suddenly the water on the road started getting deeper and deeper and before I realized how deep it had gotten, it was too late to turn back... so I just kept the accellorator floored (luckily we were in 1st gear).. and we were able to make it through... but at the deepest part...the water came over the hood and was about up to the window!!! It was so deep!! .. It was pretty awesome haha... I was tempted to go back for round 2 so I could get a picture, but I figured that I would have a hard time explaining that one... if it broke down haha... so I just kept going..

. So ya, it was a pretty sweet week.... I definately am so happy to be out here doing the Lord's work... I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that anybody who will honestly read it and ask Heavenly Father if its true will receive an answer.. I've seen that happen over and over.... and I also know that the secret to happiness is losing yourself in the Lords work.. . The more that we think of ourselves, the less happy we are, but the more we focus on doing what the Lord wants, the more happiness and joy enters our lives.... I love this work!!! :) Til next week!!
One Love
Elder Kraus
(pics are that I'm not supposed to wear shoes til the infection goes down... so i get to proselyte in sandals!! and also the tie is one that Lindsey Sell sent me... shout out to ya lindsey!! :) ... and the other one is just a pic by old harbour bay... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment