Monday, October 24, 2011

The Book of Mormon is true!

Hey Everyone!!!


This was a pretty hectic week... I'll start with the crazy stuff, and that go on to the awesome stuff :) haha


We showed up for my doctor appointment on time on Thursday in Kingston, only to find out that the doctor had forgotten to check his schedule, so he was nowhere near Kingston, and said it would have to be on Friday instead... It was pretty frustrating, because we had missed a half day of teaching to go in and get it done... (get my ingrown toe taken out)... I was pretty frustrated... and was for the most part able to stay cool about it and hold my tongue.... (though I'll admit... I did let a sarcastic, "well that was responsible of him.." slip out.. haha)... So ya, we had to go back in to Kingston on Friday night and get it fixed... and everything went good... no worries... I had 4 of these done in America before my mission ( I guess I'm a slow learner haha).. and the only difference in the procedure here is that the toe only stays numb for about 5 min. after the operation.... That was definitely a surprise...


Oh and this guy from BYU-TV was in Old Harbour for like an hour and filmed me and Elder Gayle riding our bicycle... :) He said that they were making a missionary movie that is coming out in spring or something.... and that we'd be on it... :) pretty sweet!!


So ya, on to the teaching things.. :)... It seems like the theme of our teaching this week, was answering the question, "so what you're saying is that this is the only true church... no other church is true?..." I don't know if all our investigators finally realized that that was what we are saying at the same time or what, but we answered that question a lot this week... and I thought about it a lot... It's not a very politically correct thing to say... But if our message is true.... then yes, this is the only church in the world that is led by Jesus Christ and has his power and authority to baptise.... and I know that it is true.... Its a pretty bold thing to say, but anything less wouldn't be entirely truthful.... My favorite thing about that though, is that, nobody has to take our word for it... The Lord has provided a book, the Book of Mormon, that anyone can read, and pray about to find out for themselves.... Anyone who won't do that is not an honest seeker of truth... because when a person reads the Book of Mormon, they will either find that its true... and all that we have shared is true... or its false.. and all that we have shared is a lie... There really is no middle ground.... It reminds me of Jesus Christ... Either he was the Savior of the world, or he wasn't... and many didn't ever take the time to consider the evidence that he was, jumped to rash conclusions and crucified their Savior... ... We see the same thing happening today... Either the Book of Mormon is true... and this is Jesus Christ's church, or it isn't... and as missionaries... we plead with people each day to just consider the evidence.... READ THE BOOK!! If nothing else... read the book, come to a conclusion about it, and take your conclusion to God.... Its so simple! :).. and our Salvation depends on it.... I love the part in 2 Nephi 33 where Nephi is writing his final things down, and he makes a similar challenge... believe in Christ.. and find out if these are his words!! :) I have such a strong testimony, that anybody who will honest read the Book of Mormon, and pray about it... will find out that it is true... :) and really that is our job as missionaries... Get people to read and seek answers from God.. :)

We went to a lesson on Saturday and when we got there, the lady and her mom, said that they hadn't gotten any time to read because they were so busy... (they were hard at work carrying a big pile of concrete blocks one by one from up the hill down to their house... )... and said that they wouldn't be able to meet with us... Instead of saying ok.. and leaving, I asked her to go get her Book of Mormon and we'd clear up some time for them... We set our scriptures down and spent about an hour running up and down the hill moving the pile of blocks.... :) and what she said to me when we were done really stood out... She said, "dang... you guys really want us to read this book!"... haha... I'm so happy she got the message.... The Book of Mormon is true, and we need to do everything we can to help people read it and find out for themselves... :)


I love this work... and I love being a missionary!! Its way hard, but I've never been happier or felt my testimony grow more than on my mission... If you ever want to know if something is good or not... sacrifice to live it, and you'll find out if its worth it..... :)


Everyone have a sweet week!


ONe love,


Elder Kraus


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful declaration and testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, Elder! I love how you make no apologies for your beliefs and you are so right, there is no middle ground. I love reading your letters. You bring it all back to the basics. We are so proud of you. It is obvious you love the Lord and the people. Awesome, awesome! I'm so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete